Jumat, 07 November 2008

soal Bahasa Inggris

1. Whales are sea-living mammals. They therefore breathe air but cannot
survive on land. Some species are very large indeed and blue whale, which
can exceed 30 cm in length, is the largest animal to have lived on earth.
Superficially, the whale looks rather like a fish, but there are important
differences in its external structure: its tail consists of a pair of broad, flat,
horizontal paddles (the tail of a fish is vertical) and it has a single nostril on
top of its large, broad head. The skin is smooth and shiny and beneath it lies
a layer of fat (blubber). This is up to 30 cm in thickness and serves to
conserve heat and body fluids.
What is the main idea of the text?
a. Whale looks rather like a fish.
b. Whale cannot survive on land.
c. Blue whale is a large animal.
Whales are sea living mammals.

Gagasan utama dengan jelas tertera pada awal paragraf, dan kalimatkalimat
lainnya hanya menjelaskan dan menguraikan ide pada kalimat
pertama.

Kunci d
Teks untuk soal nomor 2 sampai dengan nomor 4.

My father died of cancer five years ago when I was 3 years old. He left my
mother and me, their only boy. Last year my mother married Mr. Daud. He
was a widower and he had got two children, Andi and Siska. Mr. Daud now
becomes my step father. Andi and Siska become my step brother and step
sister. Both of them are older than me. We live happily in my step father's
house. Now, we are waiting for the birth of my mother's baby.
How many children did Mr. Daud have before he married the writer’s
mother?
a. None.
b. One.
c. Two.
d. Three.

What is the relationship between the writer, Andi and Siska?
a. Andi and Siska are the writer’s cousins.
The writer is Andi and Siska’s step brother.
c. Andi and Siska are the writer’s brother and sister.
d. The writer is Andi and Siska’s children.

1 komentar: